Corsair Community

Twinx 6400C4 & Asus P5W deluxe - 4GB

Kryckter

I have had the P5W Deluxe with 2 gig of the TwinX 6400C4 for a while. No problems what so ever. I recently decided to add 2 more gig of the exact same memory. My computer will no longer boot. I have all the timings and voltage set properly. I have called Asus and they said I can not run 4 gig of memory of this certain style. They claim that the memory is "HD or Dual sided" and uses one bank of the memory slots, meaning 1 stick of this memory uses 2 slots on the motherboard. I did some searches with no luck. Any suggestions if this is the case? Any way around it? Or do I need to return my new 2 gig?

EDIT - I have tried all the sticks by themselves and run memtest, all the sticks work fine and have 0 errors.

CPU is OC'd to 3.5 gig. Meaning Im running a 390 x 9 CPU Frequency. I have the memory turned down to 780 Mhz @ 2.1 volts. Timing is 4-4-4-12. Keep in mind though, same setup can run the TwinX2048-6400 with 4 gig just fine. It is only the C4 stuff that is giving me issues.

I just reset all the settings in the bios and it booted fine. So how fast can I have the FSb and Memory speed? Like I stated I have FSB at 390 x 9, and the memory in bios said 780. (390 x 2). Do I need to turn the memory down more? Thsi was my settings for 2 gig, can you not run it as fast with 4 gig?

• 4 months later...
Can you tell me the settings you have set for CPU and memory? And I would suggest setting the memory frequency at 667 Mhz at 2.1 Volts with a 1066 FSB CPU or 533 Mhz with an 800 FSB CPU at 2.1 Volts!

I'm about to add a second pair of 2GB 6400C4, bringing my total to 4GB on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. Will I have to bring the memory frequency down to 667 from 800 MHz? Will I need to up the timings from the 4-4-4-12?

Thanks,

Mikem

Archived