Corsair Community

Bad warranty replacement module

fcampana

Received replacement twinx2048-3200c2pt today. One of the modules is failing on my Asus P5PE-VM using default BIOS settings. Tested each module 1 at a time at each memory slot using Memtest. The good module by itself works in either slot. The bad module by itself fails in either slot. Need another replacement.

Francis

Received replacement twinx2048-3200c2pt today. One of the modules is failing on my Asus P5PE-VM using default BIOS settings. Tested each module 1 at a time at each memory slot using Memtest. The good module by itself works in either slot. The bad module by itself fails in either slot. Need another replacement.

Francis

I used the original set on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe and Pentium 4 3.2Ghz at 2-3-3-6 timing until my system started crashing. Memtest showed gross failures for one of the modules. I sent the set back to Corsair (see case number 68189 and RMA number R225211). In the meantime, I replaced my system with an Asus P5PE-VM and Pentium D 925. According to the Corsair memory configurator, the twinx2048-3200c2pt should work with the P5PE-VM. However, one of the replacement modules fails grossly at default speed (3-3-3-8) in Memtest. The other replacement module passes Memtest at 3-3-3-8 and 2-3-3-6. I tested each module by itself in each memory slot.

Francis

Archived