Corsair Community

VS1GB667D2 Module Warranty - Harman

harman_1

Hello,

I bought all my computer parts a few months ago when I decided to build my computer. Ran into a compatibility issue with my motherboard and powersupply. Went through 2 rma's to get my power supply replaced, recently received it had time to put it all together and was still getting the blue screen, but it was pertaining to memory. The computer would keep freezing on me every 20-30 min, give me the blue screen saying something about my memory modules, didn't realize though.

Took one of them out, and it worked fine. I was using 2 of the same Corsair memory modules, when I tried the other one alone it wouldn't work and would give me the blue screen or not even boot up. Wasn't sure if it was the dual channel thing so bought another one of the same modules, this one looks a bit different, module is a lighter green as well, and it's working fine right now. Going to return that now though, this should be covered under the warranty.

If you could provide with one of those Post ID#, that would be great!

Thanks,

Harman

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Only 1 of the modules works. When I put the other in I get the blue screen. I've tried many combinations, even bought another module and it worked flawlessly. I've updated the bios, but don't see an option to change the voltage in the bios... It shows the installed memory in the bios but it's greyed out.

I did everything, and tried to boot up with the memory module and it just doens't boot. It doesn't make any sense, I shouldn't have to do all that because 1 of them works fine, and I installed the newer version of your chip and that worked fine without changing any settings. It seems pretty obvious that somethings up with the chip.

If I'm gonna return this chip and get another one, could I just send you back both of them so that I have 2 dimms that are the same?

I'm sorry if my tone doesn't seem very nice, I'm sure you know it's nothing personal, just that sometimes this stuff can get frustrating.

Thank you for your time though :sunglasse

Archived