Corsair Community

Need help with possible upgrade

Jrang

I would like to do some video editing with Pinnacle Studio version 10. I have an asus A7N8x deluxe MB with an athlon xp 2700 and 1 stick CMX 512 3200C2PT. The manual recommends 1gb of ram and a 2.4 GHz processor, the minimum requirements are 512 and 1.4 GHz.

Would purchasing twinx2048-3200C2PT set be worth the expense with the processor I currently have?

Should the processor be upgraded (to the athlon xp 3200)? Or should I just add 1 or 2 more sticks of corsair ram or some other combination. Or would I be better off with a new system?

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest at least getting a module that matches the module you have in model number and revision. But that may be hard to do if you have an older module, it may be easier to get a Twinx1024-3200C2 and that would or should be more than enough to run that card. And I would suggest considering upgrading your system ASAP and getting 2.0 Gig of memory for the new system. But I am hesitant suggesting upgrading an older system with memory that you may not be able to use in a newer system. But it is your choice!

Archived