Corsair Community

Retailer no longer stocks my warranty parts!

incubus

Hi,

I've got a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe with 2Gb (2X1Gb) Corsair TwinX Pro DDR PC3200 (400), 184 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 2-3-3-6. I bought this stuff April last year from http://www.scan.co.uk. From the very start the PC has had problems such as blue screening now and then when doing heavy tasks but I never thought it was a problem with the memory (i run WinXP so automatically put it down to that:p: ). Anyway, last week I decided to run memtest and it turns out one of the sticks was sucking big time. It had errors at practically every address tested :(:

I sent it back to the corsair retailer and they tested it and also found it faulty so authorised a replacement. A week later and still nothing from them so I phoned them up and they tell me that they no longer stock that memory so I'll need to choose a (inferior) replacement. From what I understand, this memory was the best (and most recommended) for my motherboard. The system cost me over £4000 to put together so no way am I accepting some other piece of memory when I specifically bought this stuff for speed etc.

What do I do - My corsair retailer has my faulty memory and refusing to either send me the replacement that I am entitled too or give me a refund so that I can buy the memory from another retailer that still stocks it!

Any help greatly appreciated:):

I phoned them and they told me its gonna take 6 weeks for them to get a replacement from you guys. Is this right - do people really wait 6 weeks to get replacement memory from corsair :eek: Or is it because I live in the UK and it needs shipping back to the states?

John.

Hi,

I spoke to the reseller today and they refuse to RMA the memory back to you guys at Corsair. According to the woman on the phone they have had things go missing in the post and hence no longer deal with you guys when it comes to getting and RMA (they've obviously never heard of registered post!!!!).

Anyway, I think they are going to send the faulty memory back to me and then I'll deal with corsair directly myself.

I pulled this from the corsair website:

These Premier Online Retailers have standardized on Corsair as their premier memory offering, are most likely to have the full line of Corsair products in stock. They have also streamlined the ordering process for Corsair products giving you easier, faster access to a broader range of Corsair products.

You can see why in my case this statement made me laugh:laughing: If you are going list a compnay on the site as recommended surely they should have some rules about this sort of thing no? I recommend taking http://www.scan.co.uk off this list as my expierence with them and Corsair memory has been non too favourable! (though you guys at Corsair are great:headbang: :headbang: )

John.

Hey RamGuy,

thanks for the reply - I don't know what you did but it worked :biggrin:

I've had my reseller on the phone saying they will send the memory back to you and you will ship a replacement straight back to me. Just a pity I had to jump through so many hoops with them to get what should have been a straight forward warranty issue.

Anyway, I eagerly await my new memory from you guys and I'll let you know what happens.

Note to reseller ('cause I know you are reading this!) the customer is always right so don't argue with me again or I'll set RamGuy on you:nutkick:

Archived