Corsair Community

Memory Module Problems

vtcc93

Hello,

I have a matched pair of Corsair TwinX 1024 4000PT modules. On January 9, 2007 I ran MemTest 86+ and received 28 errors on the first pass (100%/8 tests). I contacted Newegg who I purchased the modules from and requested an RMA. At first the indicated that the memory was out of their warranty period and that I would have to contact Corsair. Following discussions with the tech, he indicated that the memory was covered and I proceeded to ship it back to Newegg.

However, after they received the memory they changed their mind and have subsequently mailed the modules back to me and recommended I contact Corsair for warranty support.

The pertainent information is as follows:

Purchase Date: 8/25/2003

Model number: Twinx1024-4000PT

Lot # 0331118

I would like to get these modules replaced as soon as possible since I have been without them since my initial RMA with Newegg.

Thank you,

VTCC93

Read some other posts. Did Tech Support Express. Case Number 75953

Ram,

I did not test them independently since they were a matched pair. However, I will attempt to test them in another rig that has a GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK Socket 478 Intel 865G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard. Do you know if this board should support the sticks? I remember in 2003 doing some checking on compatability and I am pretty sure that at the time these modules were approved.

Thanks, will post again after next tests.

VT

• Corsair Employees

Yes they will work in that MB but you may be limited to DDR400 as I do not know if that MB will over clock that well. I would suggest setting these settings and then test the modules one at a time to test them.

CPU Freq: 200 (Assuming you have an 800 FSB CPU)

Memory Freq: 200 MHZ/DDR400

Memory Voltage 2.75 Volts (+.2 Volts with this MB maker)

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Archived