Corsair Community

I want to keep my dominator memory, but...

jackall71

I really want to keep my PC6400 dominator memory but there seems to be an incompatibility issue with my current ABIT AB9 Pro motherboard. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work on that MOBO? If anyone currently running any pc6400 dominator memory successfully, what motherboards are you using that are equivalent to the AB9 Pro?

I can't even get to the bios screen. When I power up, the board beeps one long beep and three short beeps, then shuts down. I have been told that that beep sequence indicates a keyboard error. I have a hard time believing that. The AB9 Pro MoBo shows a code 87 which is "check cpu core voltages or MoBo connector". I have already swapped power supplies twice and verified cpu operation on another computer. From all the posts I have read, it seems the problem lies in the board's 1.8v vs the memory's 2.1v. But, I could be wrong so correct me if I am. I was trying to ask around to see if this is common, which seems to be. When I first posted, I had tried to go to the memory compatability website but it was not working, then earlier today it was working so I was able to verify that the Dominator memory I have is compatible. One suggestion I had was to install a generic stick of 1.8v memory just to get it to go into the bios and then from there change it from 1.8v to 2.1v, shut down and install the corsair memory. If you know of any better way, I am open to suggestions. I don't have any other computers to check the parts on as this is my first computer since the Athlon XP cpu first hit the streets. I have listed all my computer parts in my profile. Thanks.

Archived