Corsair Community

A8n-Sli Premium & TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

Kingtoke

Im running an asus A8N-Sli Premium & an AMD64 4600x2 s939. my system is hanging quite frequently since upgrading from 1gb 3200XLPT (2x512)to TWINX2048-3500LLPRO (2x1024)

im aware my ram is designed for 3500 speeds, but my motherboard won't allow me to set this without bringing down the clock speed of my cpu to 2160mhz.

what should i set my timings to to allow my system to run stable at 2400Mhz, ddr400. or can you inform me as to how to set it to ddr3500 2400mhz.

i have run memtest on my ram and am comfortable it is not faulty.

thanks

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

And the CPU Freq should be what U set to 217 Mhz and the memory Frequency should be set to DDR400.

i've run memtest for hours.... 8 hours as far as i can remember one extensive. with no faults. im comfortable the ram isn't faulty. i think maybe the timings are off.

my bios is 1009. im running vista ultimate x64 (legal)

i wrote the original post from work, hastily on my lunch break. since i've come home i've had a look at your performance report, which contains basically the test i'm trying to run, only with a 3800x2.

problems i'm encountering when i try to work with mine..

i can set my CPU clock to 219, (4xHT, 9xMult) which gives me a clock speed of 2620mhz (or there abouts) but my ram is set to 400mhz. if i try to change my memory timings (listed on the report is 438 FSB - i can only select 400/433/466 in the bios.) to 433, my CPU clock reverts to 2160mhz.

if i change an option under the CPU setting menu it reverts the overclocking menu to defaults automatically, and vice versa.

according to your test report it is possible to get both settings to work in harmony.. but i'll be screwed if i can work out something that keeps both sides happy.

Archived