Corsair Community

ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe Ram Timings

daryon

Hi,

Just built this system yesterday.

On first boot i entered bios and set the ram to run at it's stated 4-4-4-12 timings and set the voltage to 1.9.

With those settings i couldn't install windows. Constant BSOD's

I Tried both the yellow and black slots with no luck, although the yellow slots seemed slightly more stable contrary to some other opinions iv'e read on using the black slots.

So i set the RAM back to mobo defaults 5-5-5-18 but left the voltage at 1.9, and everything ran fine.

Once windows was installed my first job was to update to the latest bios (0903) from the preinstalled 406 Bios.

I then set prime95 running overnight and 7 hours later it's still running without error.

My question is:

Can i run this ram at it's stated 4-4-4-12 setting on this board?

The machine is blindingly fast in it's current state (compared to my last rig) and i can live with it running at 5-5-5-18, if it's gonna be rock solid stable. I had no end of problems with my last rig for over 6 months with stability issues and i'm just wanting to have a stable machine for a change.

But obviously if it's possible to run it at 4-4-4-12 without issue; that would be even nicer.

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thanks for your response.

I did exactly as you said and got the following results.

At 4-4-4-12 @2.1v memory test ran for 13 passes with no error.

At 4-4-4-12 @2.0v it ran for 12 passes without error.

At 4-4-4-12 @1.9v it wouldnt complete 1 pass without errors galore:p

I'm in windows with the ram at 4-4-4-12 @2.0v and everything seems to be running fine.

Should i bump the voltage up to 2.1v just for the added security, or is it ok to run it at 2.0v?

I'm just concerned that running it at 2.1v rather than 2.0v will shorten the rams life or something.

Will it actually matter, or is fine to run at 2.1v long term?

Thanks

daryon

• 1 year later...

Archived