Corsair Community

Memory compatability Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA

artpru

I have just bought a new asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboard, I thought it supported 800MHz memory but now nfind it only supports up to 667MHz. I have already bought Corsair PC6400 800MHz memory, will it cause problems if I use this memory.Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to buy pc6400 so I can transfer it to a new motherboard once I can afford the proper upgrade.

The measures you suggest sound complicated. Is there any danger from altering the timings and increasing the voltage? Could I just leave it as is?

Or should I just stick to the supported memory?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have a question regarding some older memory I have and wonderin if it would work with this motherboard as well, it's Corsair XMS-3500C2PT 512 MB, I have two of these, bought two for a AMD 2800 and Asus A78nx-deluxe combo, and I was very hopeful in not having to waste this memory since I spen soooo much on two sticks of 512.

CMX512-3500C2PT

XMS3502v1.1

XMS3500 512MB 433MHZ CL2

Will it work in this motherboard,ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, or any other board with socket 775 with AGP?

I'm trying to build a Pentium D or Core 2 duo system with an older AGP graphics card, and my older ram, if possible, if not which one is the one to spen the money on to use for long term & possibly overclocking to use in another mother board in the future.

Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated!

Chad

• Corsair Employees
Please create a new thread. If you post questions on previuos threads it makes my job a lot harder. Sometimes I have to go through and read 12 different posts to answer one question. Thank You

Archived