Corsair Community

XMS 2048 6400 Newegg purchase

Sno

thanks for taking notice of the review I left at Newegg. that is why

I am took all the time to sign up and leave a message. i resently bought the twin2048 6400 mem kit on Newegg. i recieved the kit and built my new system. everything was great untill windows was installed and it started to make use of the extra memory. it was kinda hard to figure it out at first as the system crashed randomly. i was able to trace it down to one of the sticks of memory. once found i removed the stick and all was great. system would reboot at random with bad stick installed. i fine tuned my mem settings as the new abit board does not set them well at all on its own. once i was happy i installed the bad stick all by itself. i couldn't even make it to windows without the system reposting. i have been a long time fan of corsair and have always used it in my system builds all the way back to the PC100 memory. i still actually have some of it around. i was quite shocked at getting a matched set and one being bad. this is supposed to tested at the factory right?? anyway i have been waiting for my rma to return and hope round 2 goes much better. if you want further information please feel free to contact me.

well Newegg finally got me my replacement and all is well. thanks for the concern. by the way you never answered my question about the quality control. does Corsair do theirs like others? sample x amount from a batch.

• Corsair Employees

I am not sure what you mean by this, but our RMA’s are tested and a report is generated by part number. All of the data is monitored and any time there is some issue or rise in a errors that can be corrected in our production they changes are implemented. However, our return rate is still less that .015% and we were seeing more than was normal for this reseller only and asked them to send their inventory to us to check their stock. All of the parts we got back were tested right away and only 10 parts out of 800 Failed. Other companies as far as I have ever seen would not have taken this action. This was done to ensure the quality of our products.

In addition, this reseller in questions is a high Volume reseller and these parts in questions are selling in excess of 10K per week so it’s not that high of a return rate just we wanted to make sure there was not something that was missed.

I am not sure what you mean by this, but our RMA’s are tested and a report is generated by part number. All of the data is monitored and any time there is some issue or rise in a errors that can be corrected in our production they changes are implemented. However, our return rate is still less that .015% and we were seeing more than was normal for this reseller only and asked them to send their inventory to us to check their stock. All of the parts we got back were tested right away and only 10 parts out of 800 Failed. Other companies as far as I have ever seen would not have taken this action. This was done to ensure the quality of our products.

In addition, this reseller in questions is a high Volume reseller and these parts in questions are selling in excess of 10K per week so it’s not that high of a return rate just we wanted to make sure there was not something that was missed.

Thanks for the detailed info.

Archived