Corsair Community

turbo flash vs voyeger

purecain

If you were to buy a 1GB TurboFlash and a 1GB Flash Voyager right now, the comparison would have to be at different file sizes. The TurboFlash drive was developed with a controller that is faster at small file transfers to work with the ReadyBoost option in Vista. Flash Voyager will have a higher peak bandwidth at a 100 MB file transfer. Depends on what your primary use for the drive will be which one is faster.

• 1 month later...

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/flash_memory.html - shows they are both ReadyBoost compatible.

Currently the Flash Voyager GT comes in 2 GB / 4 GB / 8 GB sizes, and the TurboFlash comes in 512 MB / 1 GB sizes.

Windows Help and How-to: Using memory in your storage device to speed up your computer

The recommended amount of memory to use for ReadyBoost acceleration is one to three times the amount of random access memory (RAM) installed in your computer. For instance, if your computer has 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM and you plug in a 4 gigabyte (GB) USB flash drive, setting aside from 512 MB to 1.5 GB of that drive will offer the best performance boost.

Hi Freax,

I just want to ask if there is a corporate planning for Flash Voyager GT with a capacity of 16GB (or higher ?) ???

I've seen Memory-Sticks with an capacity of 32GB :eek: , will Corsair maybe develop a Memory-Stick up to this size ? :bigeyes:

It cuold be nice if it's designed to store a Full Linux OS on it...:biggrin:

Where can I find data/test reports about the speed of data transmission ?

Enough questions for today...:roll:

Greetz

Greenhorn

Archived