Corsair Community

Replacement are bad too

saqer

I have just received a replacement for my twinx2048-c2. RAM# R220918. The new ones I received did not pass my memtest86. so many errors and the test was not done.

I thought the sticks are tested before they were sent. It says in the FAQ that if the replacement do not work, it is more likely something wrong with other parts of the computer. But this is not my case. I have other two twinx2048, and they passed the memtest86 check.

So where do we go from there?

saqer

Tyan S2865-AG2NRF with auto memory timing settings (3-3-3-8), and ECC features turned off (the default are on). Bios is the one before latest, i.e v3.03. I did not bother upgrade to latest v3.04 becuase it is only a .fix for cmos clearing resets RTC information.

And again, I have actually two twinx pairs, totalling 4GB. I tested each pair alone with the same motherboard's settings. the two I have passed but these replacement ones gave so many errors.

Best;

saqer

You can only use 2 modules with this MB if the memory is un-buffered, and when you change the modules you need to reset the bios and load setup defaults and test the new modules alone please.

This is exactly what I did. I tested each pair alone using the reset bios with defaults. One pair passes, the other does not.

However I am still surprized from your comments regarding using 4 dimms. From the motherboard specifications:

Memory

• Dual memory channels

• Supports up to four DDR-400/333 DIMMs

• Up to 4GB of unbuffered, ECC/Non-ECC memory

which clearly states otherwise.

Archived