Corsair Community

Asus, Corsair, Antec

Holocaust

Ok, I'm having reboots during game play, Prime95 Test, 3Dmark06 and 01, Memtest86, Ortho (something)... Actually, during memtest86+ it just freezes, not reboot. Always in Test four.

Also, if I change any other hardware my system will not boot for like thirty minutes. Or If I restart I have to leave it off for liek thirty seconds for it to boot up again, it wont POST. Members of the Asus forums said that my PSU is known to have issues with my mobo and the two are not compatible. (will post specs later) and recommended to get a different one.

Does a powersupply sound like the cause of my rebooting issues? Or the Dimms? My mobo is an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe and on the box it says PC6400/800MHz memory will work, though in the manual it does not have any modules supported... Though corsair says that the RAM will work with the board... So I'm sort of confused...

Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 650W (ohh ceee zeee GameXtreme 700W on the way to replace)

RAM: Corsair CM2x1024A-6400

CPU: Pent. 4 630 3.0GHz

GPU: evga GeForce 6800XT

Also, whenever I try to change the voltage or timings for the RAM, or CPU it gives me an overclocking error... I have the latest BIOS... Asus forums are down too... :sigh!:

Thank guys. If you need any more info please let me know.

I took out one stick and now the system will not boot and the LED on the mobo is flashing... I plugged in a cheapy 400W psu that doesnt have a 8-pin 12v cable but the LED was solid indicating the system had power. Wont boot without the 8pin though =[ I guess I;ll have to wait for the new PSU to come in on wednesday... :eek:

• Corsair Employees
Please set the memory Frequency at DDR667 and set the memory voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the tested settings for the modules for the specific modules you have. The test the system and see if its more stable.

My bios wont let me change any voltage/timings for the CPU or memory... It gives me an overclocking or overvoltage error when I do so... Even if I was giving it less... Though, I did test one stick of RAM at DDR2 800 and Prime95 ran for 10hours an eleven minutes with no errors and no rebooting. I'll test the other stick later

I can't figure out how to get my bios to enabled me to change the voltages/timings because every time it gives the an error. Is there a way I can exchange these for a pair normally set at 667MHz? I tested the other stick by it self today and Prime95 ran for 14 hours... When before it would crash in like ten...

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 after 9:00 AM on Monday and we can help you wiith that if you like. If you are not able to call let me know and I will try to dig a Board up and try to post the settings.

Archived