Corsair Community

Corsair Nautilus 500 temperatures too high !!

cristianu

Hello.

I recently bought this watercooling kit, as i own an Intel Pentium D 805 prescott core, and this processor is rather hot, especially on overclocking.

The problem is even at stock speed...2.66 Ghz, the temperature is around 50 in idle, and 60 in full load.

Overclocked 2,66 @ 3,8 Ghz the temperatures are 60 idle, and around 70 degrees in full load, in stress test with prime95. And there it begins to throtlle back.

I bought this watercooling kit especially to get my intel D 805 to 4 Ghz, but now i do not have the temperatures needed to do that.

Is something wrong with my pump? Or whaT could be wrong? The temperatures supposed to be 10-15 degrees lower then what i have.

What should i do?:sigh!: :mad:

It could be a couple of things. First, make sure you removed the protecting film on the bottom of the CPU water block before you installed it. Also make sure the CPU water block is installed firmly and flat on the CPU. Second, make sure you have purged all the air out of the loop. You could have some air trapped in the CPU water block and that would account for the elevated temps. Also make sure you have no kinks in the tubing that can restrict water flow. Good luck!

Yes i had removed the protecting film from the cpu waterblock. I even cleaned it with alcohol.

I have no kinks in the tubing that can restrict water flow.

the CPU water block is installed firmly and flat on the CPU, although it moved a little after the instalation, now it is firm.

How can i search for air into the water block?:confused:

I have no air into the tubing.

The best way to purge air from the CPU water block is to lay the computer flat so that the CPU is laying horizontal with the in and out water lines pointing straight up. With the water unit running this should allow any air trapped in the water block to escape. Also, if you have your water pump rpm sensor connected to your MB, make sure the pump speed it showing at least 3600-3700 rpms. What kind of thermal paste did you use on your CPU? How much coolant did you use in the system in relation to distilled water? Are you just cooling the CPU or are you using multiple water blocks in the system? One other thing to note; The Intel Pentium D 805 is a dual core Prescott core CPU. They didn't call Prescotts Presshots for nothing. That is one hot running CPU in the first place. It might be a situation where this particular CPU is really pushing the limits of the Nautalis 500 although your reported temps seem to be a little high. I would expect this CPU at stock speeds to run in the low to mid 40's at idle and maybee cracking 50 under load on the Nuatalis 500.

Archived