Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3500LLPRO and DFI LANPARTY NF4 Ultra-D?

smportis

Title says it all: Are these compatible? I was led to believe by Corsair's RAM configurator that TWINX2048-3500LLPRO would work with DFI LANPARTY NF4 Ultra-D.

RamGuy, am I wrong?

I get MEMTEST86+ Errors in one module, but I was starting to gather that it was not compatible after reading many postings herein.

Also, i have a pair of Corsair TWINX1024-4400C25PT that won't run in Dual Channel slots, only in single channel slots. One of these sticks also throws Memtest86+ errors. This is what I run in the PC right now whilst trying to figure out the above RAM (will run in single channel slots, but not optimally).

Are both just sets bad, or not the best RAM for this Mobo, or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Portis

DFI mobos are really picky, may need a specific BIOS version from them for everything to work fine. If 2 pairs won't run in dual channel, it's more likely the memory controller, or a bad slot.

No, I don't think it is the slot. I just think I'm unlucky - here's why:

1. Testing the new TWINX2048, a single chip at a time, with Memtest86+ v1.65 from the built-in utility in the BIOS (which I just found - nice), I get immediate memory errors on 1 chip, but not the other RAM chip in both slot 1 (yellow) and 2 (orange).

2. Testing the old TWINX1024, single chip at a time, in slots 1 and 2, and... it.... Hmmm, what's going on here? It is not failing. What the heck? Ok, single chips work in both slot 1 and 2. Both chips work as a pair (i.e. don't fail under Memtest86+) on both yellow slots (ran thru 1 round of Memtest) and orange dual channel slots after 3 rounds of the test (I know, that's not that long). BUT, IN ORANGE, IT WON'T BOOT ALL THE WAY TO WINDOWS. Stops after the Winxp logo screen at a black screen showing just the cursor - then just hangs.

(Also, I've not tested both chips in yellow slots to see if it will boot into windows. I've been running slots 1 yellow and 2 orange over the past year in this box with no issues. Actually, that is the only way it would work. )

So, besides the obviously bad TWINX2048 pair, perhaps it is the memory controller that won't allow the TWINX1024 to run in the Dual Channel orange slots? How would I confirm this? - Since dual channel has never worked, and this is the first pc I've built, I don't know what I'm talking about here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Please get the latest bios version and then load setup defaults and set the tested settings one module at a time, and with this MB the modules you use my depict which slots you should use, talk to DFI about that.

But I would suggest testing both sets of modules in another makers MB to be sure!

• 2 months later...

I too, got the same set-up:):

It run great for about 5 months, in dual channel.:D:

But now it won't start anymore.:mad:

After removing the memory from slots 1-3 ( yellow) and placing them again, system started and everything was okay.:confused:

But today system was hanging in its startfase:!: :!: .

Took everything out ( vid,sound,mem,cpu) checked for dust, put it back together again, started up, some long beeps, and the middle yellow leds kept glowing.

Did get in the bios once after a cmos reset, but system hanged in the 5th page.

Changed VIDcard , no go

Changed memory with a 512mb/2700 piece, sytem started and worked.:eek:

So i put one corsair module back in slot 2 ( orange ) and system started, replaced the module with the other one, and a system hang, with the led glowing yellow on the mem-module.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't use both orange slots (2-4) because my artic freezer pro is in the way.

My guess is that i got all of a sudden 1 bad module !:evil:

I'll try this week to place the modules in another system, and let you know.

Archived