Corsair Community

I have stability issue’s with it

sirrah

I have stability issue’s with it

first of all my system hardware:

mobo: striker extreme

ram: crossair TWIN2XP2048-6400C4pro (sli epp)

The First problem I have is setting my memory on epp / sli. If I do so the memory timings are 4-4-4-12. I get a high instable system and I can’t work with it for 5 minutes before I get a lockup / bsod (blue screen of dead) / errors.

If I don’t set the memory on sli / epp the memory timings are 5-5-5-18. The system works for something between the 5 minutes and 2 hours before a lockup / bsod / errors. The way my system crashes is not always the same. This problem is always present, it happens in: games, iexplorer and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as you. Your description is spot on, we must have clone m/boards that constantly reboot or get that dreaded blue screen.

Just wondering did you ever find a solution?

I ran memtest today for just over 3 hours and it found 301errors and have no idea how to get the bios settings correct to run the test again. As you said this m/board will not accept timings of 4-4-4-12

My specs:

Asus Striker Extreme

Corsair Twin2x2048-6400C4D

Bios revision 1002

Please help

M

edit:

Firstly I tested my corsair ram in my nephews computer and tested his in mine(cheaper brand) and both machines were stable. This ruled out the ram being defective so I started looking elsewhere for problems and decided to change bios to revision 901 (backwards), and updated Nvidia graphic drivers to 101.41 released 4 march 2007, and ALL problems have vanished. My system is stable - no restarts, no blue screens and am able to change bios settings for the first time since purchasing approx 3 weeks ago.

Good luck with your system and hoping like me you can find a solution for your systems instability problems.

M

hello,

I too am having this same issue but it is currently preventing me from even loading windows. Im running the m2n32 sli deluxe wifi board tho. I tried to adjust the settings but it still locks up on me when i add in my second set of twin 2x2048-6400c4 ram if i run just the first 2 gigs im fine for a while but if i add the second set things get wierd im no an overclocker but i did manage to change the timings from stock 5-5-5-15-1t 1.9v to the recommended 4-4-4-12 -2t with 2.1v to no avail. im just wondering if the cards have to have a different setting or whatnot. Thanks in advance.

Tim

edited to reflect progress. called tech support and after rebooting with 1 stick of ram then waiting to see if xp booted it turns out that the second batch of ram i got one of the 1 gig sticks wont let bios finish without getting errors so will contact tech support today when they open and try to obtain an rma for that set. hopefully that is all that is wrong thanks for all the helpful posts. Tim

Archived