Corsair Community

xms3200 (2x1028) hundreds of failures in memtest86

justin39640

hi ram guy

ive been running these modules just over a year now with no noticable ram issues (purchased jan 06)

infact the only issue i have now is that i get errors while trying to re-install a game (battlefield2) that has been installed on my system several times before without a problem

on many bf2 forums ppl are attributing these particular installation errors to bad memory

i ran memtest and got up to 300 errors before i quit the test

it showed an error every 1 mb at xxx.4 mb

with this many errors i would assume my system should not be running (infact it runs quite well)

i do have aggressive timings set(2.5-3-3-6) and my voltage is 2.75 (maybe i should go back to the original settings?)

amd3500+

msi motherboard (platnium made for overclocking though my cpu isnt overclocked)

can this be dirty pins? (microscopic oxydation) as i see this problem in my industry alot (transitorized traction and hydraulic controls in industrial machinery)

please help id hate to think that every address is bad on these sticks

i am set up in dual channel can i run these sticks 1 at a time?

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...

hey i just got my replacements but i had 1 last question

when i bought it a year ago it said to set the cas to 2.5 (for my amd cpu) now i see (on the product sheet) that both amd and intel are set to cas 2

should i stick with 2.5 or reset to 2 ??

thanks again

Archived