Corsair Community

Overclocking the good old Twinx1024-3200xlpro's

Hi, i haven't posted on here for well over a year, so you'll have to forgive me there!

Back in September 2005 i bought myself a matched pair of ram (twinx1024-3200xlpro), and bought it for my, then, top-end gaming system.

One thing i made sure of is that i bought the XMS3208v1.2 revision of them, as i knew the first revision of them (XMS3208v1.1) was not as good of an overclocker as the 2nd revision, but was still a good overclocker none the less. I have also seen multiple reviews for the first revision ones where they can be overclocked stably to around 245mhz with decent timings.

I know that there's not a great chance of many of you folk having this exact memory, let alone the v1.2 revision ones of them, but if anyone has experience with them, i'd be curious to know what kind of results you've had overclocking them, whilst keeping them fully stable (ie, memtest, super pi, prime95) & with the tightest timings.

(ps. assume cooling and everything else isn't a factor for me)

Thanks all.

dogdirt2000

just to add to what i've said already - i've had my memory overclocked stably at 240mhz with 2-3-3-6-1t timings for the last year and no problems. I just want to get as much out of them now as possible before i build a new DDR2 system by the end of the year (or possibly DDR3 system next year).

• 1 month later...

I know that there's not a great chance of many of you folk having this exact memory

dogdirt2000

Haha, funny you should say that as I have EXACTLY this same memory (although not sure of the revision, I'll check that later). Actually, 2x twinx1024-3200xlpro :D: I would love to know what this memory can do. I just called up Corsair and they really weren't helpful. The guy said they should be able to do 266 MHz at 3-3-3-8, to which I said BLAH. Those timings are nasty considering right now I'm at 2-2-2-5.

I'm at the last portion of overclocking my whole system and I just have to figure out what the RAM can do. I'd rather have tighter timings vs. the higher MHz. So what are some typical OC's people have gotten on the MHz for the RAM while keeping the timings relatively tight (i.e. none of that 3-3-3-8 business, I'd rather it go no higher than 2.5-3-3-6)

Archived