Corsair Community

Bad Stick of Memory

Dracoplasm

I had bought 2 Gb of paired twin2x1024-5400c4 675mhz memory about 7 months ago. I recently have had trouble with my computer not posting or freezing. When I am able to boot my comp again there is an overvoltage error. I am not overclocking my processor because of this issue and have underclocked the ram to determine if that was the problem. I have set the ram with 1.8 voltage to 2.00 voltages and have set the memory timings to 5-5-5-5-15 and a 2t setting but still the system is unstable. I tried every stick individually and have found one stick to not post on startup in the 1st dimm slot. I was wondering if the stick was faulty?

thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hey ramguy,

I tried what you asked me to do. I tried all the ram sticks one at a time in my system still did not post with the same stick. I have just got my new mobo in today,an EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR ATX Intel Motherboard. Tried the ram sticks again one at a time and paired. Same one still does not let the system post. What could I try next? :confused:

Archived