Corsair Community

Faulty XMS2 Module

Adsy

Just before XMas I got a pair of XMS2 DDR2 modules (CM2X1024-6400C4). After some erratic behaviour, I ran MEMTEST and found that one of the modules threw up tonnes of faults. I take it if I RMA it, I'll need to return both modules? What happens next?

Ta

guess i should have mentioned that i've tested both sticks seperatly and one comes up with loads of errors, where the other comes up clean as a whistle. i don't think it's the bios settings. i've manually set the spd settings to what it says on the ram (4-4-4-12), and changed the voltage to 2.1 (also on the ram). everything else is default.

• 2 weeks later...
i've not had a reply to the RMA request, and i've just followed the instructions on your stick entitled "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!". Thing is, the returns address on the excel rma request form is California. Now being in the UK the posting costs would be quite high, not to mention the time it'd take. do you guys have a UK returns office? cheers.

Still not got anything, and I'm getting a little frustrated now. I've never bothered with the high performance ram. always gone for the value stuff and never had any problems (well, one, see below). but i took the plunge and bought this XMS 2 stuff as it was rated highly. i've also only gone for crucial before in the past, and when i HAVE had a faulty module (18 months old i might add), i phoned crucial, and had a replacement with me within 3 days.

now i know hardware goes wrong from time to time and i expect that, but i started this post nearly 3 weeks ago, and still havn't even been given an RMA number. please can you try and rush this through RMA dude.

ta

and i can't believe that you have filters for blanking out other company names...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry I never got an email from you, and the name has been filters because at one time this was the only memory forum and people were coming here with other makers products to get help, there is no reason to be talking about other makers memory.

Tomorrow after 8:00 AM Pacific time please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Archived