Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X1024-5400C4 work with the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe?

TigerClaw

I just recently ordered a 2nd pair of the TWIN2X1024-5400C4 since my ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe currently has 1GB in dual channel mode. I'm expecting the 2nd pair sometime on Thursday, And was wondering if this board will be able to run both pairs of these chips at 667mhz with the same timings and voltage I currently have with the single pair? I am using the voltage and ram timings suggested for this type of ram which is the 4-4-4-12 and voltage at 1.9. and the motherboard's bios is currently at version 501.

I have tested other RAM at 4 up on this motherboard. Running 2 vs 4 changes nothing on the RAM. 4 stick limitations are chipset/memory controller related.

Oh ok, Cause I was wondering if there would be any problems running 4x512mb since this type of ram is the 675 running at 667mhz with 4-4-4-12 at 1.9 volts

These will default at 667MHZ. 675MHZ is what Corsair guarantees the modules to run up to.

Oh ok, I was just wondering, Cause I read nightmare stories of people having problems running Rams on all 4 slots. Dont know if it cause there trying to use PC6400 since mines are the PC5400.

With this mobo even if they have the 800MHZ RAM, they most likely have to run at 667MHZ.

the current memory is running at 667mhz, Since that what this board can only run stable on since those who have the 800mhz ones have to underclock them to 667mhz.

• 4 weeks later...

Having recently purchased the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe motherboard and Intel Core Duo E6300 processor (Dual core, Conroe die). I also recently bought CORSAIR TwinX 2Gb DDR2 6400C4.

Now what I would like is to ask anyone who has these similiar configuration to tell me how to overclock the system in the proper manner. I know that by going into BIOS, one can "up" the clock frequencies by a GENERIC "overtime by xx%" under Advanced menu on the BIOS. But I would prefer to crank things up, in small increments till it becomes unstable, then notch one increment back down.

I use a Arctic Freeze Pro7 CPU fan on the Intel processor. This processor can theoretically be overclocked to no more than 2.8Ghz per core (limitation due to the CPU's multiplier). I would like to utilise it as best as I can, and making the Corsair RAM running at 800Mhz, and the FSB to xxx? Mhz.

Can anyone give me step by step to start which hardware first, ie. increase CPU voltage first, one by one, then memory, then FSB, or whatever in the right order. :confused:

Would appreciate a reply ASAP.

Many thanks.

Tim

:biggrin:

Archived