Corsair Community

Asus P4S800D-X with 4 sticks of CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) VS1GBKIT400

JohnnyC

A friend of mine is upgrading from 2 sticks of CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) VS1GBKIT400 (one set) to 4 sticks (or 2 sets) to take his system to 2 gigs of ram.

Could you please let me know what things we may need to do to ensure a stable installation?

Do we need to increase the voltage because of it being 4 sticks.

Also what are the exact CAS latency info? (I know it's listed at 2.5, but what is the exact ones?)

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees

Just make sure they have the latest bios version and load setup defaults and set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and you may have to disable legacy USB when Memtest.

And also note that when adding more than 2 modules its not uncommon to have to slow the memory down to DDR333 if you have a 800 FSB CPU!.

A friend of mine is upgrading from 2 sticks of CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) VS1GBKIT400 (one set) to 4 sticks (or 2 sets) to take his system to 2 gigs of ram.

Could you please let me know what things we may need to do to ensure a stable installation?

Do we need to increase the voltage because of it being 4 sticks.

Also what are the exact CAS latency info? (I know it's listed at 2.5, but what is the exact ones?)

Thanks in advance

There is no voltage adjustment for your board.

You need to buy memory that runs on 2.5V because otherwise your friend is going to get BSODs soon.

Archived