Corsair Community

Twinpack warranty problem

SteelWolf

Hi,

My actual System is only a half-year old..

But recently one of my sticks died.

Fortunately i have the bill..

the stick is a

"CM2X1024-5400C4"

XMS2-5400 1024MB 675MHz 4.4.4.12

and i bought it in a twinpack

The problem is now.. I need my PC nearly every day..

But the Shop only takes both ramsticks

So.. i can't use this form of warranty..

Now my question.. Is there a way to send only one stick to you?

I don't have enough money to just throw the stick away.. I'm a student and had to save money very long for this system.

So plz..can you help me? Is there a way to send only one stick?

PS: Sorry for my bad english

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest getting the modules replaced as a set so they both match. Please talk to our customer service and see if there is anything they can do to speed up the RMA since you are using the computer for you school.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Um.. ok

Well.. You are also only human.. and dozens of users deposit their trash here..

So you must get really tired of pasting "Let's replace them!.." all the time

But also if you are quick with replacing them.. the shipping from europe.. I think the whole process will need at least 3 weeks.

And thats simply impossible..

So just tell me.. Do I have a chance to get only one replaced?

Or does the sentence " would suggest getting the modules replaced as a set so they both match" mean: "No.. We are unable to replace only one because our system can't handle a situation that only affects 1% of the warranty warranty claim (or less)"

and sorry for the long text and so.. but its really important for me..

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

First thing,

I have no problem replacing one module for you that is at your risk.

The Risk:

There are more than one BOM (Bill Of Materials) we use to make the part in question. And if you send just one module in there is a chance the modules may not work together in your system. It will vary with chipset and platform Some MB's are pickier about it than others. So it’s not our system it's your system and how well it can tolerate miss matched memory. Again to avoid that I would encourage you to get them both replaced.

You can get the RMA number and than contact our customer service and see if there is any way to speed up the process, but on average if you send the modules thru FEDEX or UPS the whole process will take about 5-9 Business days. If you use the post office I would expect that to double or triple. But once the module are received they are normally processed and send back with in 24-48 Hours 2 Day Air for all international shipments and 3-Day UPS for all national RMA's

I know you are frustrated and I am sorry but I am on your side and am here to help you so please don’t think that way. It was suggestion to get you back up and running with the least problems.

Archived