Corsair Community

Bad memory

kevin121

I'm only posting this becuase I need the number for the RMA form, it's obvious the memory is bad:

cm2x1024-6400c4 twin2x memory

Worked fine for 3 weeks, will no longer POST in dual channel mode. When used in single channel mode, will post, but random crashes occur.

Tried in another motherboard (completely different), also wouldn't POST in dual channel mode.

Kevin

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

ASUS M2NSLI32-Deluxe

AMD AM2 x2 4200

all settings auto

Its obviously bad ram, when something works for three weeks, and then fails to post with no settings changed, and provides the same error in a second motherboard.....

Kevin

I will humour you, and run the tests, but please answer this quetsions:

What could cause the system to no longer post when the memory is run in dual channel mode, other then the ram, when no settings are changed?

It works one day, and then not the next.

What does it matter if both sticks pass the memory test individually, when they were purchased as a set of dual channel memory, and no longer work as a pair?

Kevin

At 2.1V they both make it through a single pass without any errors, but still won't post in dual channel mode.

If used both together in single channel mode, more then 2000 errors on a single pass in memtest.

USB Legacy turned off.

So my TWIN2X pair won't work as a pair after 3 weeks of use.....

Kevin

• Corsair Employees
If the modules both run and pass one up but the system will not post when its in Dual channel that would suggest there may be a problem with your MB or CPU. If you can to be sure you can test the modules in another system.

Archived