Corsair Community

Dead XMS module

Konrad

Hello,

I live in holland and i bought some corsair TWINX XMS modules in july 2003. Now suddenly one of the two has gone bad i think. I am able to boot with the good module but when i insert the bad one my system doesnt boot anymore. I tested the good module with memtest86+ v1.70 and no errors. The other i am unable to test because the sytem doesnt boot. These modules have worked fine for over three years.

I bougth the modules here at a retailer. Do these modules fall under the warranty? And if so how do i get them replaced?

Konrad

Sorry but is still dont undestand which number.

The RMA request form asks for the "module part number". The link you gave me "How to read the memory label" shows how to find the "lot code" and the XMS number". The number where you refer to in you post is the third number which is pointed out to me. I am kinda lost here.

For now i send a RMA form with the "lot code" entered in the field "module part number".

Should i send a other RMA form with the correct number?

Like "CMX512-3700PT" or "XMS3700v1.1"

• Corsair Employees

This is the part/model number = CMX512-3700PT"

This is the version number = "XMS3700v1.1"

Please use the part# like I gave you before = CMX512-3700PT"

Or if you ordered a Twinx set the part# would be Twinx1024-3700.

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

I send my memory modules a month ago and i didnt receive any replacement modules.

Can you tell me if your RMA department has received my shipment?

Or in what state my RMA request is?

Thx,

Konrad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On thursday 15 march i receved the new modules. These where two CMX512-3700PT modules in separate packages, so no twinx matched memory pair like i send for RMA. This didnt bothered me as long as the modules would perform at the certified speeds in dual channel.

The modules worked at 400 Mhz but when i was clocking up to 466 Mhz one of the modules went bad and my system wouldnt boot anymore.

I then tested the modules on a other system to make sure the one was broken, and it was.

Now i am running the one good module along with a nother of my spare modules in dual channel mode.

Can i get the modules replaced again?

Konrad

ok,

AI Overclocl Tuner [Manual]

CPU External Frequency [232]

DRAM Frequency [400] (1:1)

AGP/PCI Frequency [Auto]

CPU Vcore Voltage [1.5]

DDR Reference Voltage [Auto]

AGP VDDQ Voltage [1.50]

Performance mode [standard]

CPU Mqaximum Value Limit [Disabled]

Hyper Threading Technolegy [Enabled]

Configure DRAM Timings by SPD [Disabled]

Performance Acceleration Mode [Enabled]

DRAM Cas# latency [3]

DRAM Ras# [4]

DRAM Ras# to Cas# Delay [4]

DRAM Precharge Delay [8]

DRAM Burst Length [8]

DRAM Idel Timer [Auto]

DRAM Refresh Rate [Auto]

Spread Spectrum [Enabled]

ICH Delayed Transaction [Enabled]

• Corsair Employees
Your CPU may not be able to reach that Frequency about 220-225 MHz is where the 3.0 Ghz CPU's I have tested top out, and the memory Voltage should be set to 2.75 Volts minimum and what do you have the CPU Multiplier set to? If its locked then I doubt the system will run at that frequency. You should also set the performance mode to Auto as well as you might need to add some voltage to the CPU.

Hi,

I know a 3.0 GHz Prescot with locked multiplier wont easily go past 225 Mhz FSB.

I run the memory with auto voltage because the modules dont include any information about required voltage.

As for the performance mode i prefer to run the standard mode because then i know for sure the AI overclocker wont run my system in turbo mode.

I appriciate the info about correct motherboard settings. But i dont know how any bois settings would make a bad module boot again?

What i wanted to say in my post of "03-19-2007 01:39 PM (#11)" is that one of the modules you recently send me has gone bad and that my system wont boot anymore with that one bad module. My system can boot with the other good module.

So my question is. Can i get the modules Corsair recently send me replaced?

Konrad

As i said, one of the two modules you recently send me has gone bad.

I cant boot my system with this bad module.

I want the modules replaced with TWINX1024-3700PT like the ones i send in my first RMA (#225628), not with 2 sticks of CMX512-3700PT you recently send me.

Archived