Corsair Community

Blue Screen, Shut Down, No Boot.

TSoTX

I have a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard with 4GB (4 x 1GB) CMX1024-3200C2 and a P4 3.0 GHz processor. It all worked fine until one day I was just browsing the Internet and it blue screened and powered off. When I tried to power it back on I could hear the fans power up, but it would not post. I removed all cards including video, the power supply and all drives (HDD and DVD). Then I plugged in a known good video card and a known good power supply. So, the only thing attached to the motherboard was a known good video card, a known good power supply and the 4GB of RAM. The board still would not post. I removed all RAM modules except one and powered it on. The board posted fine. I then removed that module and installed another one. I powered it on and it posted fine. I then removed that module and installed the third one. I powered it on and the system would not post. I removed and marked that module. I installed the last module and powered it on. It posted fine. I went through the entire process testing all modules individually a second time and had the same results. I reassembled the entire computer and installed only two of the modules that tested fine. I powered on the system and it booted and ran properly. I think that I have verified the one module is bad (they came in pairs). I would like to return the pair and get a replacement pair. What do I need to do now?

Archived