Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe - No POST at all - HELP!!

JoshD

:[pouts: Everything is brand new, the mobo, cpu, ram, video card, power supply, case, everything! Put everything together and I got no post. RMA the motherboard, they send me a new one, the same thing. at this point is either the RAM or CPU. BTW - I have not touch the CPU contacts or the mobo cpu socket. I know better!! I get nothing, not a single sound. here's my hardware list...Pentium D 945 LGA775 3.40 GHz, Corsair TWIN2x2048-8500C5D DDR2-800 C4, ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 256 MB PCI Express, ThermalTake Toughpower 700 Watts power supply (SLI and Dual Core ready) and finally a simple Antec Solo Case. I think is the RAM. Any ideas...? Please help!!!

I have a very similar problem,

Athlon64 x2 4600+ Processor

MSI K9N SLI Platinum motherboard

2x 1GB KVR PC-6400 DDR2 DIMMs

a Geforce 7900 GTO Card

Plug it all in (very carefully...!) and no POST. After a few hits of the reset button I got a beep! but nothing else. I think the RAM is some how incompatable with the motherboard (although both MSI and Kingston's websites claim otherwise). The reason I'm picking on this is the little diagnostic bracket that MSI supply indicates a failure in the sequence at the point of testing on board memory.

So not much help to you but at least you know we aren't alone! I would like to know if there is a way of updating my BIOS (the newer version has better memory compatability apparently) without having a working machine... can I flash direct to the chip? (OOOH sparky!)

Thing's I've tried that you could give a shot...

Barebones - just the Ram and the Mobo/processor - out of the case - eliminates shorting

Try re-seating your RAM a few times in different slots and combinations.

Check your PSU isn't buggered (or set to the wrong voltage)- I at least get the fans to spin most of the time.

G'luck!

• Corsair Employees

First thing you both have different platforms and thou the issue is the same no post the cause might be totally different.

Grible Please start your own thread if you have not sone so.

JoshD,

The CPU you have runs at 800 FSB and in that case the MB will not work with the memory you have at 800 MHz. Please try and reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper and the power removed and then see if the MB will post with only one module installed. If it does not post with either module I would suggest testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived