Corsair Community

Nothing shows for p5b deluxe and cm2x1024-6400

phatpenguin

hi ram guy I've read through most of the post with p5b deluxe questions but most people seem to be able to get into the bio at least.

I have a new build;

e6400

p5b deluxe

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400

Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB PCI-Express

CD-rom

Ultra ULT31852 X2 X-Connect 550W

I just can't get it to boot. nothing shows up on the screen.

I went and bought some Twin2x1024-5400c4 and they worked out fine. got windows up and running and everything. However I want to get the 6400's working. I still have time to return the 5400's. Everything runs fine with the 5400's so I've built the computer right.

I've updated the bios to 1004 thro dos. cleaned cmos. changed the settings to

5-5-5-15. 2.1v =black screen no beeps

5-5-5-15-6-42-3-11-5-14 2.1v =black screen no beeps

same as above with 1.9v =black screen no beeps

I tried everything here. still black and no beeps... the only thing that works is the 5400's..

Please help me with this issue driving me nuts.

thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then clear the bios and test the 6400 Modules one at a time and lets amke sure that you dont have a failing module and I would set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then clear the bios and test the 6400 Modules one at a time and lets amke sure that you dont have a failing module and I would set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts.

I have the latest bios 1004. I'll try again with the mem modules one at a time at 2.1v. I'll let you know the results shortly.

Did you clear cmos before you put the new sticks in, it is possible you have a bad set that may be the next step is to RMA them.

yup I cleared Cmos after inserting each or the sticks. either one is showing anything. how should I go about RMA ing them. Do I have to run it through RAMGUY?

Archived