Corsair Community

P5N32-E SLI BSOD and Orthos problems.

chchang

I've been having problems with my new PC build that I haven't been able to resolve. In some games I get BSODs and I'll occassionally (much more rarely) get BSODs when at the desktop web surfing or whatever.

Asus P5N32-E SLI (0602 BIOS)

C2D E6600

XFX 8800GTX

Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 (4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V)

Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W PSU

When I first built the box with an older 500W PSU I was getting shutdowns when the I'd start to push the 8800GTX, so I ordered the Corsair PSU and that problem went away.

Then I started getting BSODs when in some games, I suspect that prior to the new PSU games wouldn't run long enough to have a chance to BSOD. So I started running tests.

I ran memtest86+ for ~8hrs with both sticks installed: 19 passes, 0 errors.

Ran Orthos several times, first time it encountered an error after 3 hrs, 2nd time after 5 hrs.

I've ran 3dMark06 at 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF for a few hours w/o problems. I'll try running it overnight today.

Temps under load are ~50C CPU, 52C mobo.

GPU idle/load temps are about 64C/80C

I got some coredumps and from the BSODs and the fault codes seem to vary though 0x08E and 0x08F seem to be the most common ones now.

Anyone have any ideas what else I should do?

any progress on this? I am having the EXACT same issues which were cleared up going to 667 but I dont want to do that.

If I stay with 667 can I overclock my FSB from 266 to 300? I try and it lcoks my machine up in orthos in like 30 seconds, when I did this at 800 I had no problems...

I have the same problem pn the P5N-E SLI. Check your Bank Cycle Time (TRC) using CPU-Z. For some reason it's auto setting it to 1 clock when it should be 22! Also, if you enable SLI it will automaticaly make it 1T regardless if you set it 2T manually on the P5N-E.

I would actually try downgrading to bios 0302. It seems to be the best bios for this board. All others seem to be a step backwards in my opinion. I am much more stable on 0302 then any of the other bioses.
Same here but still doesn't resolve my problem at rated speeds, i am unable to get any stability @ 800 4/4/4/12 @ T2. works fine at 800 5/5/5/16 @ t2 however.

• Corsair Employee

Dazz,

That would suggest a voltage problem, either on the MB or with your PSU. What is the make and model of your PSU and MB? Please start your own thread!

gman6 Please start your own thread and list you spec;s!

• 2 weeks later...
I would actually try downgrading to bios 0302. It seems to be the best bios for this board. All others seem to be a step backwards in my opinion. I am much more stable on 0302 then any of the other bioses.

I'm not BSODing quite as much anymore since I've updated vid drivers, but I still get them on occassion. So I may try downgrading to BIOS 0302. I'll report back after I do.

Archived