Corsair Community

Asus PC-DL Deluxe & CMX1024-3200PRO

nsradiology

I just purchased 4GB (1GBx4) of the Corsair CMX1024-3200PRO RAM for my PC-DL Deluxe motherboard, as recommended by the Corsair Memory compatibility finder. However, after installing it, I get a continuous single beep from the motherboard. If I revert back to the generic PC3200 (200mhz) 2GB (512MBx4) that was installed, it continues to POST. Any suggestions?

William

• Corsair Employees

Please try and reset the MB bios and see if it will post and then you may need to set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts at these settings with that MB

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz\DDR333

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

• Corsair Employees
I would use the other memory and set these settings manually in the bios and then exat saving changes and let it try to boot to a Floppy or CD so the changes are saved then change the modules and try it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Each module gives a continuous beep. I tried some older RAM and it posted. It would appear the Corsair CMX1024-3200PRO is not compatible with the PC-DL. What do you suggest I do at this point? If I return it to NewEgg, I get charged a restocking fee. Can Corsair do an exchange directly?

William

Yes, I cleared the BIOS with the jumper and installed a single module. I got the continuous beep. I then put an old stick in, set the BIOS to the settings you have earlier, saved, shutdown. Replaced the RAM with the Corsair, booted and got the continuous beep.

I then tried a second and third stick to rule out a defective module and got te continuous beep.

• Corsair Employees

That MB should be able to boot with these modules but you might have to set the memory frequency and timings manually.

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Memory Frequency Ratio: 4-5 or DDR333

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 3T

Archived