Corsair Community

PC6400C4->PC8500C5 and now 1 stick dead

CWell1337

Hello,

I was part of the exchange program offered by Corsair to upgrade my 2GB of PC6400C4 DDR2-800 RAM to 2GB of PC8500C5 RAM. I was very pleased with the result up to this point. I am sorry to say that there is a problem with the RAM now however.

One of the sticks is no longer passing memtest86. Symptoms before I tested the RAM were frequent BSOD with different "page" errors. I promptly removed one stick of memory and used memtest86 to test each stick individually. One stick passed, one stick did not. Yes, the RAM was running at stock settings and was tested under stock settings.

Obviously an RMA is in order. So I will be sending both sticks in as they are a matched pair.

Also, since I am a recipient of this RAM directly through Corsair, I don't really have a receipt for it so I hope a speedy RMA won't be a problem. And if I pay to have it overnighted to Corsair, can I expect the same overnight shipment back to me? Please get back to me soon, as I would like to get this issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

C

EDIT: Also, will I be guaranteed D9's with the RMA I get?

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have contacted them and have gotten a ticket number and submitted an RMA form. My question still stands however.

If I pay to have it overnighted to Corsair, can I expect the same overnight shipment back to me?

Also, will I be guaranteed D9's with the RMA I get?

Thanks again,

C

Archived