Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2PT & ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

kodoku

Greetings,

I am in the process of building and configuring a new system and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the component combination that I have. Here is what I’m working with:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo

Corsair XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) TWINX2048-3200C2PT (DDR SDRAM 400 PC 3200)

AMD FX-55 San Diego CPU

What am looking for first and foremost is the ideal settings/timings for the Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT RAM. Additionally, I would be very interested in any other BIOS settings that other users with similar setups are having success with. I intend to moderately overclock the system so any advice that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this post is redundant; I scanned the forums and was unable to find the settings I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for your response. My plan is to try and get around 3.0Ghz out of the FX-55. Ideally, I'm thinking I'll be looking at 215Mhz x 14 = 3.01Ghz on the CPU. However I will be inching things up and stress testing/temp watching the whole way so I may not get this far and/or may have to mix things up a bit. But that's kinda what I'm shooting for.

My thoughts on the RAM was that I may have to ease up the timings and possible up the voltage to work with this type of a CPU overclock (2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.8V maybe?)

Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it.

Ok, I may try it at 2-3-3-6 initially then ease it up if I have any instability. Yes, I have heard the FX-55s run very hot. I am using air cooling; Zalman CNPS9500 on the CPU with 3 120mm (2 intake, 1 exhaust) and 1 80mm (side intake) case fans. I have yet to OC anything and my temps are around 29C at idle and 40C at load. I have run Prime95 and some benchmarks for 24 hours+ and never seen it above 42C. I know overclocking will change this but I like to think its well cooled. :roll:

Ultimately, will only take it to 3Ghz if I can keep stability and temps in check so I may very well have to cap it lower. As for a max load temp for this CPU does 50C sound reasonable?

Thanks again for all you help.

Archived