Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT400 Not Showing As Dual Channel

clwillis

I have a BIOSTAR nf4st-a9-a01. My vs1gbkit400 ram (I have 2 sets) is not showing up as dual channel. It did when I first installed both sets. Then I discovered I had a bad set. I RMA'd them and got a replacement kit, but the first thing that I noticed while I was waiting for the new set is that the single set by itself did not show up as dual channel no matter which slot configuration I tried. Now I have the replacement set in place with no issues, but they are still not showing up as Dual Channel.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the CPU and memory in another MB to be sure but it sounds like a CPU or MB or PSU issue. If all of the modules run one up at the tested settings then it’s not the memory. And if you use this MB with 4 modules it’s not uncommon to have to run the memory at DDR333.

So. I was reviewing the configuration of the memory slots on my motherboard. They are configured, in order from left to right as: 2 4 1 3. 1 and 2 are paired, and 3 and 4 are paired. I noticed that although the part numbers are the same, the ram are of different batches, and therefore of different configurations. One set is double sided, and the other was single sided. When i ordered the setup properly, (both DS sticks in 2 and 1, and both SS sticks in 3 and 4, all RAM detected as Dual Channel.

EDIT: I had already submitted a tsexpress ticket (65558) and was waiting for a reply. I just received a reply from them recently. They asked me what my Motherboard Make and Model was. I posted this in the original ticket submission as this is a piece of information that they ask for right off the bat. (Motherboard not listed: then it gives you a field to input the information) This is disappointing to say the least. I work in support and if I, on a regular basis, asked for information that a customer had already given me, I would be out of a job very quickly. BTW, I am not angry about this. I like Corsair Memory very much and will continue to use Corsair's products. However, in order to provide high levels of customer support you have to pay attention to the details.

Archived