Corsair Community

2 faulty Flash Voyagers in a row?!

skinnyrich

So, I bought an 8GB Flash Voyager in late fall and it died suddenly and unexpectedly shortly after that. Obviously, I was pretty hurt by losing all that data (remember guys, the bigger the drive, the more you lose in one go!), but Corsair offered to replace the drive as long as I paid postage to them in California. Problem is, I live in the UK, so it cost me about $10 in postage. Ouch!

Well, the new drive came and I used it for about a month then ... guess what? Yup, it died suddenly too. Now, I looked after both drives, so I'm sure it's not something I've done wrong and I've had other (non Corsair) flash drives work for 3 years with no problems, but I've still had 2 out of 2 Flash Voyager drives die on me in a few months! Worse yet, Corsair are now saying I have to pay another $10 to mail the second faulty drive to them so that they can replace it (again). This is becoming a very expensive, unreliable purchase!

I might just be a cynic, but Corsair have given no explanation why my drives have died and have done nothing to assure me that it won't happen to a 3rd drive. At $10 a go and loss of up to 8GB of data each time, that's a pretty big gamble!

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry this happened to you and please talk to our customer service we will take care of the shipping both ways since it just died again. Please email them and they can give you our UPS info so it will not cost you again to send it to us. Or you can call and ask for me at 510-657-8747 and choose option 2, or send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com along with your contact info and time zone I will be happy to call you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ram Guy. I sent an e-mail on 1st February to the address you suggested, asking for details of your UPS info so Corsair can cover the cost of shipping both ways, but I've not heard anything back. I'm all stranded without the use of the Flash Voyager drive, so anything you can do to speed up the process of getting the details to me would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Archived