Corsair Community

Memory unstable on P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe

Polyknikes

Hi everybody,

I have an Asus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe mobo and Corsair TwinX 8500C5 memory, which I have had difficulty getting to run at 800 Mhz. According to the Asus Forums, the P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe can run 800 Mhz RAM, but can have stability issues. Many people have said manually setting their voltage and memory timings has helped a lot. It has not helped for me.

I set my memory voltage to 2.2v and my timings to 5-5-5-18-auto-auto at 800Mhz. This setting is fairly stable, with my system freezing only every couple of days. But when I raise my cpu speed, the system becomes very unstable. I took the advice of some people on the Asus Forum, and lowered my memory frequency to 667 Mhz and set all my timings to auto (since I do not know them at this frequency). This has allowed me to overclock my cpu to 3.2ghz with better stability than I had at all stock speeds.

It would not annoy me so much that I can't get my memory stable at 800 Mhz if it wasn't for the fact that Falcon Northwest uses the exact same setup, and has no problems getting their memory stable at 800 Mhz. I tried to get Falcon Northwest Sales to give me their secrets, but they simply said they get better manufacturer support which allows them to overcome such problems. This is why I am hoping someone here can help me get my memory stable, and allow me to get as much out of this system as I can.

Thanks,

Matt

This mobo should be able to run the DDR Frequency at 800MHZ. You have to make sure that you are not overclocking the CPU with the ram set to 800MHZ, that will cause the RAM Frequency to increase higher and this mobo will only do a slight bit higher than 800MHZ if your lucky. If you want to overclock the CPU set the DDR Frequency to 667MHZ.

Archived