Corsair Community

module obsolete no exact replacement

Cwax

hi their ram guy have a quick question i got an email from corsair saying i could change the modlues to either 3200C2 or 3200C2pro my modules are on their way to corsair and they are 3200xl is i read aomewhere in theese forums that they will replace with the same or better to me the 3200C2 modlues are worse im confused can u help

regards chris :):

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry as XMS3200XL modules have been discontinued and there is no replacement available. Samsung stopped all production of the IC we used to make this module more than a year ago and moved most if not all of their production to DDR2 technology along with most other IC makers.

The will offer you replacements that are available or an upgrade to DDR2 or as a last resort they will offer you a refund based on your purchase invoice. I am sorry but there is little we can do if the parts are not available to build the specific part in question, sorry for the inconvenience.

thats fine i will take whatever they can offer i dont have a DDR2 system is their any difference between 3200c2 and 3200c2pro i think i would take the pro version just wondering what is difference in performance between the 2 i see corsair do the 3200C2 in the xpert series could this be an option TWINX-1024 3200c2 XMSXPERT in replace of TWINX-1024 3200XL . lol :laughing:

kind regards

chris

• Corsair Employees

Chris,

To be honest our RMA staff is usually not as technically proficient as our Tech support and thou they know the difference in the part#'s they may not fully understand the difference from a technical stand point..

I would encourage you to call our customer service on the phone (888-222-4346 Ext "0")and ask for a supervisor if you are not sure; they are not unreasonable and trust me they are on your side and will listen to any request that is reasonable. If you get an offer that you don’t feel is fair by all means let me know or ask them to let you speak to me I will be happy to help you.

hi their ive sent an email to corsair and got the same reply i have three choices either 3200C2 or 3200C2PRO or refund but i said to them in the email the dirrerence between 3200XL and 3200C2 but no responce i will take the 3200C2PRO if their is anything u can do would be fantastic u should recieve the modules this week at somw point :):

regards chris

Archived