Corsair Community

EVGA/NVIDIA 680i Question for RAM guy

mickputley

For those of you that have been trying to use high speed sticks with the EVGA NVidia 680i SLI motherboard you are probably aware of some of the issues that the community is facing. RAM GUY - there are many people in the EVGA forums that believe the Mobo is killing your RAM. I, myself have experience of 2 failures with almost identical symptoms - works good for a few weeks, then fails memory tests. My question is - I am sure that faulty RAM is tested at Corsair to see the exact failure mode, are you seeing a pattern? Are you talking to EVGA or NVIDIA about this issue? or are you going to continue to eat RMAs on your sticks when its not your fault? or do you think that the 680i is fine and this is just a statistical blip? If you spend a few hours going through the EVGA motherboard forum you will see countless examples of people sending your sticks back, particulary 8500C5Ds.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

I am sorry I don’t see that many cases to be alarmed and I have only heard of two cases like this. So I am not sure what the problem is but if you are having a problem with the memory and you have got them replaced once and then have the same problem that would suggest the MB or PSU might be causing the problem.

If you think U might have this problem, I would suggest sending me an email with your contact information and I will be happy to call you and see what can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I've even replaced both the EVGA motherboard and used 2 new sticks of Corsair 8500C5 with the same issue. Everything is fine until after 2 weeks and then I'd have to constantly keep lowering the memory clock speeds to avoid lockups.

I don't know what to do now that I've already RMA'ed the motherboard and tried a new set of RAM :confused:

I'm having the same problems with my system (EVGA 680i, E6600), currently my system is stable with only one stick of ram. I'm running Vista 64bit and haven't had much time to work on the problem, my Unix shell programing class has been kicking my *** for the last 2 weeks. Is tech support available on the weekends or after 5pm on the weekdays?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Archived