Corsair Community

Bad TwinX2048-3200C2PT??

Polydactyl

RAM GUY,

I started a thread over in Compatability Questions ( http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=56957 ). I can't get my TwinX2048-3200C2PT to work error-free with my DFI LANPARTY UT nf4 Ultra-D to save my life. It fails at MEMTEST86+ in the same few locations every time, even on the loosest settings (3-3-3-8 2T). Most of the errors come on Test 7, but I get them on Test 5 sometimes too.

I've searched this forum and DFI-Street extensively, and haven't found any tips that have worked--and I've tried just about all of them.

More frustrating is the fact when I test the memory sticks individually, they've never once given me an error, even at 2-3-3-6 1T.

Edit: minutes after I submitted this post, one of my individual sticks FINALLY produced and error in MEMTEST. The other stick survived 23 passes of MEMTEST on the same settings, so I'm reasonably sure I've got a bad memory stick now.

Unless you can recommend some magic settings to fix it, I'd like to RMA this memory. If you want more details on everything I've tried, I'll be happy to elaborate.

Thanks.

Thanks. I filled out the RMA form and am waiting for a number.

I don't have easy acess to another motherboard. For some reason it took a lot of testing, but I finally started getting errors consistently on one module under conditions where the other module worked fine. At this point I'm fairly confident one of them is bad.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived