Corsair Community

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D and TWINX1024-3200C2

mobilecommand

Hello,

I am just about out of options other then replacing hardware so i figure i would post here as a last ditch effort.

Sometime ago i build a system using a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D and TWINX1024-3200C2 not knowing that the DFi boards where quite that pickey on memory. Since day one i set the memory to 2-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-6 and i would get totally random crashes inside on windows.. or they would be full out dumps "Clean installs of windows xp pro"

I would run the built in memtest86 on the MB for days on end with no issues but soon as windows hit i would get random crashes or reboots... I would try to mess with the memory timeings and sometimes the system would not boot and i had to reset the bios to where its at now where the system does not crash as often but it still does..

I will add this the system never crashs when the os is just loaded up idle.. It only seams to crash once i start loading applications and there is no set thing that causes the system to crash... its mostly random or atlest when applications start running or when in use.

I guess what i need to know is did i choose poorly on the memory for this perticual MB?

If the memory should work what are the exect memory settings 2-3-3-6 ?

Also the DFi boards have expanded memory settings past the 2-3-3-6 so i was wondering if someone can list all of the exact settings unless the default settings are correct

Thanks

System Specs

I should be up to the latest Bios revision or maybe one back, and i am using the lastest system, video drivers from nvidia as well as a raid 0 array on the Nvidia Raid controller.

COOLER MASTER Wave Master TAC-T01-EY Y

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D

ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W Power Supply

TWINX1024-3200C2

2 Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM

NEC DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3540A

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2GHz

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC GeForce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3

NEC Black 1.44MB

Archived