Corsair Community

Memory Access Faults and Reboots!

gss6

Ok, I have XMS TwinX 512MB (2x256MB) pc3200 (2 sets). I purchased them in July of 2003, and in March of last year the Southbridge on my Asus p4p800 Deluxe burned up. Sent it in to Asus to fix it, put everything back in and one of the 256mb sticks burned . So I scrapped that board and got an ECS 648FX-A2 and plugged in the remaining 768MB of RAM. I started getting memory faults in programs and BSOD's of the win32k.sys. I ran Ubuntu and It didn't crash nearly as often, but now its getting to be a pain when I need to run XP. I ran it through Memtest86+ (its on the Ubuntu CD) and it gave an all clear through a bunch of passes (ran it for an hour). I've read everywhere that this is a clear indication of bad RAM.

Also, does Corsair repair/replace burned RAM?

• Corsair Employees

Also, does Corsair repair/replace burned RAM?

Answer, we would need to inspect the modules, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to inspect/replace them or it.

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived