Corsair Community

1gb Flash Voyager Suddenly Died

ranic

I've had my 1gb FV for about 2 years now and it has never failed me and always performed up to my expectations until now. I recently went away on vacation for a week and when I returned my FV that worked without incident the day before I left is not recognized by Windows. I even tried a Mac to see if it would recognize it to no avail. Because the drive is not recognized when plugged into either a hub or a port on the front of the PC I can't use any type of recovery program and I really would like to get the material on the drive as it is about 3 months of work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

• Corsair Employees

I would try it with another Windows system, and you might check the USB connector and see if its loose. If so gently move it to make connection so you can get your work off of it. If it will not work I am sorry there is not a lot you can do and all we would be able to do would be to replace the drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived