Corsair Community

RAM problems

BiggyFry

Hello... umm let me get to the point.. I got 2 512mb DDR2 XMS2Corsair ram cards for Chritstmas.. and for my brand new PC that i built (first one ever). I put them in my motherboard which ram slots are Dual Channel... For some time now i was unable to run windows xp beucase i kept constanly getting the blue screen about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Until recently I took one ram card out leaving one in the pc and the Windwos xp setup went through fine. Now when I update my drivers and chipset and everything. I turn off my Pc and put in the second ram card. I will geting a Blue Screen telling me that a new hardware cause this problem and it will show a window system file. and sometimes it will show this blue screen message DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Now when i take out the ram card that was working when i installed windows and put the other one in its place.. windows will not load up... could this ram card be faulty or something like that.. Sorry for this post for being so long...

you need to know the XMS number, Lt Code and Serial Number? .... Because on the ram card.. I just notice that i kinda smudged it off :( because of the heat from the pc when i took it out... But I found out that the ram stick thats giving me problems is faulty .. I ran a MemTest and I receive Lots of Errors when i plug the stick in... the ram stick are brand new.. I think i need to read the instructions on how to replace this item.

Ok atfer look at the ram stick itself.. umm is that what ya lookin for,,..?? Im sorry.. but im kinda new to these things..and still learning

Oh i just check this software called Easy Tune and in the memory section is says Module: 1+2+3+4

CM2X512A-6400

XMS6405 v4.1

5-5-5-12

800MHz

512MB

XMS2-6400

• Corsair Employees
OK with the CPU you have you will need to set the memory frequency at DDR533 or DDR667 Mhz and I would set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts as well. But I would not suggest running the memory at DDr800 unless you have a 1066 FSB CPU!

Ok Ok ... I check my bios setting and my memory frequency was set at 533 and the memory volt was around 2.1 .... But still i get the same problems.... either the pc won't boot or i will get the BSOD saying drive_irql_not_less_or_equal

:[pouts: :[pouts: :(:

Archived