Corsair Community

Code 19

drox

Had a dead 1gb voyager flash drive, which was replaced. Not sure what happened with the old one, but it messed up the registry somehow and i get a code 19 (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.)

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in device manager but i get the same thing. Also tried manually deleting it from the registry.

I had it plugged into the front usb panel on my computer, which is plugged into the pin headers or whatever on the motherboard. I also have a foxconn memory card reader that plugs into the motherboard too, which also stopped working at the same time the old flash drive screwed stuff up. it gets the same code 19 and won't work after reinstalling the drivers etc.

All of my usb ports and usb devices work, except for the flash drive and the card reader- but they work on other computers.

• Corsair Employee
That is suggesting there is some other problem. If both the flash drive and the card reader- but they work on other computers. Please try and remove all of the devices listed under USB and then restart your system and let it reinstall the USB controller and Hub on your system, and I would not use the front USB connector.

I tried removing everything under usb, root hubs and what not. but i'll try again. the flash drive does not work on the rear ports or on a usb2.0 card i recently put in, the front ports work for other things like my camera.

Archived