Corsair Community

Corsair HX520 + 3 PIN Power Fan Cable?

SB_GEMINI

Hello,

I recently upgraded from an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W PSU

to the Corsair HX520 PSU.

On my Antec PSU i had a small 3 PIN fan power lead coming from it, to plug into my motherboard where the Power Fan connector socket is, on the Corsair HX520 i see i dont have any 3 PIN cables for this. How do i connect the Corsair HX520 to my motherboard, my mother board is the Asus M2N-E.

Thanks for your help.

My computer was working fine for months with my antec power supply, the power supply then starting acting up so i chose a new one the Corsiar hx520.

Ive coupled all the cables up probably, except i dont have a small 3 pin lead like my antec one, any way the computer wont even atempt to start up so i assum its becuase i dont have this other small 3 pin cable connected in, the LED on the motherboard comes on and some USB lights, but other than that it does not start.

That 3 pin connector is only to allow the MOBO to monitor the fan speed inside the PSU. It is not not required to make your MOBO/system run. Have you tried clearing the bios since you added the new PSU? When your other PSU started failing, did you remove the MOBO from the case at all? If so, check the case power switch connections to the MOBO.

Archived