Corsair Community

Cpu-z

adm3rd

Those values are what is programmed into the SPD as fall back values for any system that does not support 6400 (800 MHz) memory by default. So if you went back and stuck that memory into a 955 system it would POST at DDR2 533 4-4-4-13. That particular SPD seems to be off slightly though as it should read 266 instead of 270.

Derek, thanks again for the reply!

Should I just leave it the way it is or should I be slowing down the RAM. I'm just not getting the ratio thing and really feeling dumb!

Thanks again,

Alex

I think you are fine where you are. There is a point of diminishing returns and you are already running your ram quite fast. That will not hurt it and allows you an unsaturated bus. Any more though is just numbers and will not show any real difference in realtime throughput.

Think of the ratio as a relay race. Your CPU is one runner and your DRAM is another runner with the data being the baton. :)

Enjoy the computer :)

Derek

Derek,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I get it and now feel really dumb! I so much appreciate you taking the time to drive that into my head! Your a good guy glad I found you. This is only my second build and was disappointed that they came out with the new line of processors after I purchased this one (830 D), isn't that the way it always goes! Anyway, I wanted to a least get all I could out of this system.

Thank again!

Have a great day!

Alex

Archived