Corsair Community

Striker Extreme and TWIN2XP2048-6400C4

Robertobe200

Hello All, Is it possible to run TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 on a STRIKER EXTREME? I cannot get my system to post with these sticks installed:sigh!: . I am currently using TWIN2X2048-6400C4, which works fine.

System:

WIN XP Media Center

Striker Extreme - BIOS Version 701

X6700 dual Core

2- Seagate Barricuda 500G SATA - RAID - 0

750Watt Silverstone Strider

NVIDEA 7950-GX2

• Corsair Employees
Hello All, Is it possible to run TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 on a STRIKER EXTREME? I cannot get my system to post with these sticks installed . I am currently using TWIN2X2048-6400C4, which works fine.

I am sorry I dont understand both part#'s are the same and should work the same only difference would be one set is our Expert series. Did you try the module one at a time to make sure its not just one failing module?

That is why I AM ASKING, This is the second set I have recieved; as for the first pair one would not post and the other would not even run memtest for 10 seconds or longer. This is "expensive" middle to high end priced stuff so I thought I just had bad luck with getting two bad sticks originally I did not think of running one at a time, I was assuming from Corsair's reputation that they both would be functional. Thanks for that tip, so now I guess I am sending this stuff back again. Is this common for 450.00 dollar a pair sticks of RAM to be bad 3 out of 4 times?

Archived