Corsair Community

RMA Nightmare, 4 different DIMMs

Arkanor

One of my DIMMs (VS512MB400) went bad a few months ago, so I sent it in for replacement. I recieved two different DIMMs (VS512MB400C3) one with chips on both sides of the module and one with chips on one side only. When I used DIMM with chips on only one side in conjunction with the other C3 or my still-working stick, my compy only recognized 512MB of RAM installed.

When I installed the C3 in together with my original, it worked, but the RAM only ran at 100MHz, and not 200 as it did before my first DIMM died (200MHz FSB.)

I recontacted tsxpress and told them of this incompatibility after trying every configuration of memory I could make and couldn't get it to run at normal speed at through either SPD or manual settings (3-3-3-8, 2.7v, DDR400 ratio.) tsxpress sent me another pair of sticks, also mismatched, this time a VS512MB400 with chips on only one side, and a VS512MB400C3 with chips on both sides.

I tried every configuration:

400 (chips both sides) + 400C3 (chips both sides) = 512MB recognition

400C3 (chips both sides) + 400C3 (chips one side) = 512MB recognition

400 (chips one side) + 400C3 (chips one side) = 1024MB recognition, but only runs at 157MHz through SPD or manual settings.

I really don't want to have to get another RMA and go through this a third time, so if anyone knows how to make these work together, I'd greatly appreciate it.

AMD 64 3500 (2.2GHz)

ASUS A8V Deluxe

Antec Trio 650W

Corsair staff will be here Monday. They work Mon - Fri and business hours. Otherwise it is just members such as myself who try and help and I think you need to speak with RamGuy on this issue.

He will be here tomorrow :)

Oops forgot :\

Archived