Corsair Community

help

ChrisW

hi im lead to believe that that one of my corsair RAM sticks is broken. Ive came to this conclusion because my computer kept crashing and displaying a blue screen. I did a memory test which is supplied by my motherboard and came back that one of the sticks had lots hundreds of errors on. When i removed the stick the computer worked.

Ive contacted my reseller and they said to send it to corsair. Should i request an RMA number and send the two sticks?

thanks

More info is needed.

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have?

What is the exact part # and revision # of each stick? Is it a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

If you have more than one stick, have you tested one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+?

Click here to find out how you can add your system specs to your profile and posts!

My CPU is AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San deigo

Motherboard is DFI Lan party Nforce 4 Ultra D

The Ram is

CMX512-3200C2PT

XMS3202v5.2

0604272-2 is the LOT number

I bought it as a twin pack and have individually tested the sticks with the results showing that one of the two sticks has lots of errors on it.

What should i do next?

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived