Corsair Community

HX520W Query

Walwal

First post :)

I got myself some bits together for a new build, but when I try to power up, I get maybe a 2 second burst of power, then the machine shuts down. Went on the Asus (mobo) forum looking for answers, and 1 reply to a similar problem to mine mentioned power supplies. I have unplugged a different component everytime I try to boot, until there is only the Gfx card and 1 stick of memory left, but still no joy. No beeps either, but the mobo green LED is on.

My question is, will the HX520W be sufficient to power this, or could it be a faulty mobo?? :

Asus M2N SLi Deluxe mobo

Athlon X2 5200+ cpu

BFG 7950GT gfx card

VS2GB667D2 Matched pair Corsair Value Ram 2gig

Seagate 250Gig Sata drive

Sony DVD RW

Soundblaster Audigy soundcard

And the HX520W PSU

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

i would say 520 is plenty of juice for that rig... it could be a few things that cause that to happen though... not just the power supply or the mobo... could have a badly blown stick of ram... i have also seen this happen with a bad hard drive... you just never know... sometimes its tough to pinpoint the problem...

you just never know... sometimes its tough to pinpoint the problem...

You've got that right... got me tearing my hair out.

One other point, when I was messing on unplugging things and stuff, I forgot to plug the 4 pin connector back into the mobo, started the machine, and it obviously didn't boot as it says in the mobo manual, but it didn't shut itself down either as it had been doing. Might that have any relavence to my problems??

Thanks.

Update:

Turns out the power supply is dodgy. Tried the power supply from my current machine on the new mobo, and it went straight to post. Then tried the new PSU in my current machine and it did the same 2 second run then close down routine as it had on the new machine.

Phoning my supplier about an RMA tomorrow.

Thanks.

Archived